Skip to main content

Worth it . . .

to give a crafted object?  A while back I made a granny square blanket for a good friends little girl.  The blanket became a favorite lovie and mom had to give it to me for repairs.  I received it in very good condition and was able to after understanding what was necessary make the necessary repairs in short order.

And now to the point . . .giving this blanket back to it's recipient.  I met mom and daughter yesterday to give them the blanket back.  I haven't seen them in some time and I doubt the now toddler would have remembered me at all.  We met at a local restaurant that is near my work and the mom's home.  Since we were all hungry we decided to have lunch.  While waiting to order I gave the toddler the shopping bag with her blanket and went about getting settled for lunch.  We had great food and wonderful time talking and enjoying ourselves during what was a way to quick lunch hour for me.  When I left, mom asked toddler to give me hug good bye . . . I got a big hug and a kiss from her!  Made it all worth it . . . and made my day.

Here's are some pictures of the blanket I took after making the repairs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First KAL . . . That I Think I Might Finish

Circle Shrug Yoke Originally uploaded by karyn_settles I decided to join a KAL. I tried one before but I never seemed to be able to keep up and decided that the sweater, Lionbrand's Cable Luxe Tunic, must have been too much for me at the time. I am slowly finishing the Sweater though. This next one is going much better. I was able to join the Lionbrand Yarn, Textured Circle Shrug, Knit A Long and keep up. Stefanie Japel, one of my favorite designers is moderating / hosting and I am so excited. Her designs are elegant, yet very easy to wear and make. The design chosen for the KAL is her Textured Circle Shrug from the Book GlamKnits. Lionbrand has offered the pattern for free for a short time so you don't have to buy the book. Stefanie is blogging weekly at Lionbrand with lots of great tips and hints for making things go smoothly. It is like having the designer sitting next to you helping you with knitting the design. It's great! I'm looking forward to having ...

A new Winter Coat for me

I have finished my winter coat.  The picture is the one I took and loaded on Ravelry . Pattern:  Anise Designer:  Sarah Hatton

Finally Finished . . .

Cable Luxe Tunic Originally uploaded by karyn_settles my Cable Luxe Tunic! Pattern: Cable Luxe Tunic Design: LionBrand Online Patterns Yarn: Vanna's Choice - Linen In late 2008 I started this sweater with the intention of finishing it with a KAL that Lionbrand was having at the time. I got the cable for the yoke completed rather quickly but was scared to pick up the stitches for the garter stich part of the yoke and put down the project for quite a while (the better part of the year 2009). When I picked up the project again I found out that my slip stitches at the edges of the cable for the yoke came in very handy and I was off and running again, until the spring and new projects and life took over again until I picked it up and told myself to finish it!!!!!!! I am so glad I did. It is stunning and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it.