Skip to main content

Labor Day Holiday?

This weekend will be spent taking care of things about my house and for my family. I am cleaning closets, DD #2 room and boy do I have a lot of stuff that I'm getting rid of. I am in a good mood to be cleaning. I want to be rid of clutter right now. I need it. That means its a perfect time to be doing what I am doing.
On other family front . . . my FIL will be moving to a nursing facility soon. He has been in the hospital and not doing very well outside of the hospital. I know that it will be very hard for my MIL to be without him at home but he will be much better off going where his condition can be monitored. I know that he wishes things could be different. It is hard for me to imagine how hard it must be to want to do so much and not have your body working for you. He is a wonderful man and I hope that we as his family can make what we can see as the end of his life with us as wonderful as possible.
I have decided that I am going to finish a shawl I had in hibernation for my MIL and give it to her as a prayer shawl. I know that she will be especially fond of it and know that my prayers are in every stitch. She is a beautiful woman who I am proud to have as a part of my life. I know she thinks of me as her daughter from the time that I married her son and my DH nearly 20 yrs ago. That means a lot to me because I have such a close family of my own and they have a good relationship with my MIL and FIL too. When I called my DM to tell her that things were not looking good, she asked how he was and called my MIL after we talked for a while. Things are OK for now and that makes me feel somewhat better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First KAL . . . That I Think I Might Finish

Circle Shrug Yoke Originally uploaded by karyn_settles I decided to join a KAL. I tried one before but I never seemed to be able to keep up and decided that the sweater, Lionbrand's Cable Luxe Tunic, must have been too much for me at the time. I am slowly finishing the Sweater though. This next one is going much better. I was able to join the Lionbrand Yarn, Textured Circle Shrug, Knit A Long and keep up. Stefanie Japel, one of my favorite designers is moderating / hosting and I am so excited. Her designs are elegant, yet very easy to wear and make. The design chosen for the KAL is her Textured Circle Shrug from the Book GlamKnits. Lionbrand has offered the pattern for free for a short time so you don't have to buy the book. Stefanie is blogging weekly at Lionbrand with lots of great tips and hints for making things go smoothly. It is like having the designer sitting next to you helping you with knitting the design. It's great! I'm looking forward to having

Baby Set

Baby Set Originally uploaded by karyn_settles I gifted this baby set to a friend at work who is expecting a baby in July. She loved it. I made a hat from Stitches from the Heart. An adorable set of booties that is from the Berroco website and the baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting. The shower was a surprise and with the help of a couple of other ladies in my office, we were able to set up a very nice little party.

A return to the blog

It's been awhile since I've attempted to keep a blog going.  I have thought that I should get back to it for some time now.  When I started, I thought it would be a good way to journal my crafting  . . . and my sometimes crazy life.  I was busy with family and full time work in Aerospace, and it never came to be.  Since then I've left that world and I'm currently using my creative gifts in the Fabric Department and NeedleArts Department of a local craft store.  I enjoy helping people get what they need for their projects and provide help with questions.   I still very much enjoy crafting . . . sewing and knitting are my go to crafts. My knitting projects are in Ravelry .  .  .  I'm karynsettles there.  My sewing projects are likely going to end up here on the blog.  I'm currently focused on a couple of Knitting Projects. . . the Fullerton Cardigan from the Spring 2018 Issue of Knitscene magazine and the Tranquil Tank Top from Lionbrand Yarn's Website.